Friday, September 27, 2013

Home tour

Since I have been receiving a large number of requests to see my little Swedish apartment, I will indulge.

Kitchen:

Everything is white!
I have lots of cupboards which is great, though limited counter space.  My oven is in celsius and I'm still figuring that out.

 The contents of my small Swedish refrigerator - largely from the farmers market

 Kitchen and dining room in one!
I love my big windows that let in a lot of light.

 View from the bedroom, study, and living room

Bedroom, study and living room:

Bed and nightstand (old box I got in the mail wrapped in cloth) 

Desk - where I spend most of my time
Bookshelf and deck
Living room with chair and bookshelf
Deck looking at the exercise gym where I watch people do aerobics as I eat at my kitchen table
Sometimes I hang my laundry out to smell like sunshine.  
This is not a Swedish thing to do and I think my neighbors may believe I lived in a Chinatown before moving here.

Bathroom:

Full-flush/half-flush toilet where I can sit and shower at the same time.
Very annoying shower that sprays water over the WHOLE bathroom.
 
Towel warmer!  Love the Europeans for that feature.
Where I hang my jewelry and view out into my bedroom/study/living room
Well, that's it.  That's where I eat, sleep, study and relieve myself.  It's perfect for my life as a student.  I'm slowly getting to know some of my neighbors and enjoying them.  Tonight, I am invited to a potluck at my upstairs neighbors apartment.  I've been asked to bring an American desert.  I'm thinking I might attempt to make pumpkin donuts.  We shall see.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the yellow hanging above your desk and your old license plate! What a good idea. P.s. I think your bathroom is bigger than our main floor bath.

Phill said...

I would hate the celsius oven, it would drive me nuts. Also, I don't get your shower debacle. I can't see where the shower head is located so I can't imagine water going everywhere. Sad.