Sunday, October 6, 2013

Söderåsen National Park

Swans swimming idyllically in Söderåsen National Park
Hoping to catch the changing season's tree transformation and to breath in some fresh air during our reading week, some friends and I headed north a bit to Söderåsen National Park.  Our only wildlife encounter was with some vicious swans.  How did swans ever get a reputation for being beautiful mythical creatures?  I guess my understanding of swans comes from Swan Lake where ballerinas are suppose to be fluid, soft and gorgeous.  The swans we happened upon where not like the swans from Swan Lake.  Well, maybe they were beautiful.


Of course, Kjell didn't try too hard to stay out of their way either...
The trees haven't really changed color yet and I'm not sure they will ever be as bright and colorful as the trees in New England.  There isn't a better place in the world to experience the brilliance of fall than New England.  But it was nice to get my head out of qualitative research articles and let my lungs breath in the crisp fall air as I stretched my legs over fallen trees.  It was also nice to spend time with some of my classmates outside of school.  My Swedish friend brought up the rear in our hike singing along the way.  He thought since I was in the lead and American, I should be singing/shouting, "I don't know what you've been told...sound off."  I declined so he sang his songs.  All in all, it was a good day outside.

An Indonesian, Romanian and American walk through the woods...
Slight coloring though more brown than bright orange or red
Parts of the forest were very dark and beautiful

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Way to visit the National Parks! It's so fun to visit different countries NPs. Think of all the ones you've been to from Queen Elizabeth to Yosemite, now Soderasen. Oh the wonders of this earth.