Saturday, September 6, 2014

Homecoming

*written several weeks ago

I'm home in Sweden! Or maybe I should say Europe because I'm currently on a bus to Norway. Anyways... I was really happy in Melbourne but I was also really happy to realize how happy I am to be home in Sweden. That's a lot of happy, I know but it's true. It's great to see green leaves on trees, busy bike paths and friends at every turn. I ran into two people I knew at the airport when I landed, saw another friend on the street walking home and was greeted by a good friend at the train station. I love that in the first 2 hours of my return I saw so many people I knew. It felt good and was a nice homecoming.

I'm back to riding my bike with wild abandon, having long fika's with friends around town and attending Malmöfestivalen. Malmöfestivalen is my favorite community activity of the year in Malmö. The city sponsors a week-long festival with free activities (dance classes, art lessons, wind tunnels, etc.), food stall from around the world, amusement park rides and free concerts. It's been really great catching up with friends while listening to music from around the world.








It's good to be back in Europe. Even if it's not as friendly as Australia, my friendships are deep and my happiness is just as true.

FYI: Melbourne was voted "Friendliest City" in the world this year to which I am definitely not surprised. http://www.cntraveler.com/galleries/2014-08-05/the-2014-friendliest-and-unfriendliest-cities-in-the-world/1

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the pictures! The one of you flying in the sky in the puffy thing - what is that? Wish I could enjoy the festival with you! :D xx