Saturday, May 24, 2014

The Andersen's come for a visit


When I decided to move to Sweden I had many friends promise to come for a visit. It's always nice when they follow through with these promises. This week, one of my best childhood (and subsequent adulthood) friends and her dear husband came to visit me. I am thrilled to show them my life and enjoy long chats over fika. The weather has been absolutely perfect.

First fika in Sweden
 I took them to the south of Sweden and we hung out at the beach. It was a hot and sunny day so perfect for wandering, relaxing and exploring along the water.

Cute Swedish summer cottages along the water

Bart took selfies with my phone


They have a touch of jet lag
One of my favorite things about spring/summer is how everyone has gravitated to the parks once again. Most evenings you will find my friends and I having our dinner in the park. So of course I took Ash and Bart to the park for dinner. Bart commented that it reminded him of my lifestyle in San Francisco. Yes, I guess I gravitate to park culture.


I borrowed bikes from friends for Bart and Ash to use and I took them on a nice bike tour through Malmö. No tour of Malmö wouldn't be complete without time spent on the water watching the sun set. Bart cannot believe how late it sets (and rises). Sun rise is at 4:45 these days with the sun setting at 9:30 but the light lasting more than an hour longer.




I'm having a great time with these dear friends. If only they didn't live so far away. We have a few more days together and I am going to soak them up as much as possible.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are so sneaky! You took so many of these pictures without us seeing! So glad we got to visit.