Saturday, November 8, 2014

Christmas is coming

A Christmas tree was put up in the square across from my apartment the other day. The trees are still changing their colors. The leaves are still clinging to the trees! How can we have a Christmas tree up already? I say this every year, but Christmas came so fast! Especially being in Sweden I feel cheated with not having had Halloween decorations in October or Thanksgiving decorations in November. We just went straight to Christmas.


Even the grocery stores have put up Christmas displays.


While I'm not quite ready for the Christmas season to be here, I am starting to be ok with the temperatures being a little bit chillier (55 instead of 60) giving me every excuse to eat soup and warm foods. I went to a great little restaurant for lunch with friends the other day. It's called the Spoonery. Isn't that a great name for a place that serves soups and stews?


And so life continues on as the seasons merge from one to the next. Stay warm friends!

No comments: