Saturday, October 4, 2014

Malmö FF and Fall

Europeans have a long relationship with soccer. So people were pretty excited when our local team made it to the Champions League. Malmö FF is the only Swedish team to compete and the first Swedish team in 14 years to make it to the Champions League. While they are facing giants in the league (Juventus (Italy), Atlético (Spain) and Olympiacos (Greece)) they are not expected to finish too high. However, Malmö FF has pleasantly been surprising its fans (and non-fans alike) with holding pretty stead over Juventus (still losing but not being massacred) and even winning 2-0 against Olympiacos this week!

One of my friends grew up in this area and has been a life-long Malmö FF fan. He even went to Italy to see the first game. Some other friends and I decided we would watch the game from home to support Malmö and to see if we could catch a view of our friend as a fan in the crowd. We didn't see him. But we had fun being hopeful for Malmö. And to make it a very pleasant experience, we made apple cider donuts. It is fall after all. And I desperately am missing the fall of my college years these days. Apple picking in Ipswich, laughing through corn mazes, eating pumpkin ice-cream at Richardson's, the vibrant reds, oranges, and yellows of New England! Nothing compares. So I rope my friends into playing fall with me and making things that remind me of a sweet time of my life. Lucky for my friend, my "fall" is literally sweet.





1 comment:

kkp said...

yayyy you got a donut pan! :)