Thursday, February 13, 2014

Unexpected journey


While in Morocco, I got news that my sister had a baby! While this brought great joy to my heart it was also accompanied by sad news that my niece was born with organ defects and complications.  So, I flew to Minnesota to be with my family.  It was a journey full of tears, heartbreak, and rejoicing when Isla made improvements.  I'm so thankful for the time I had to be there, the Ronald McDonald House that provided our meals and a place to sleep, the caring professional staff at the hospital and all the wonderful friends and extended family who continue to support Mark, Melissa, Isla and all my family.

Keep Isla and family in your thoughts and prayers.  Feel free to follow Isla's journey here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/islapaigeoira
Sisters with Isla
We're orange from the heat lamps
I was empathizing with Isla with the sunglasses
She got to wake up after many days of surgeries and intubation 
Kissing Isla goodbye
Being in Minnesota also meant I got to experience:
Winter - snow and negative numbers!
Mexican food!
Good coffee with good friends
And special giggle time with my nephew
Again, I am so thankful for the time I had to be with my family.  I have been back in Sweden for 1 week now and this morning was the first morning I woke up without my alarm clock.  I think I have overcome jet lag.  It's back to classes, fika and a warm winter!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We're so glad you came! Miss you!